Read about your rights as a passenger in case of cancellations, delays and so on.
Your rights when travelling by air include:
- the right to information;
- the right to reimbursement or re-routing if your flight gets canceled or you are denied boarding; the right to reimbursement if your flight is delayed by five hours or more;
- the right to assistance and, under certain circumstances, the right to compensation in the event of a long delay, cancellation or denied boarding;
- the right to complain and have access to means of redress;
- the right to travel in the same conditions as other citizens if you have a disability or a reduced mobility.
European legislation also stipulates who is responsible in the case of a long delay, death, injury or mishandled baggage to ensure you will always get what you are entitled to.
Read more about your rights here
- Passenger rights and complaint form on the Danish Traffic Authority website
- Air passengers' rights on the European Commission website
or download the EU app on passenger rights called "your passenger rights".