What is the fastest route from the airport to the Little Mermaid? Where can I try Nordic cuisine? Which concerts and exhibitions are on this weekend?
In future, tourists will find answers to everything ranging from transport and eateries to cultural events and sights already while waiting for their baggage at Copenhagen Airport.
From 18 May, travellers will find an eight metre digital, interactive wall in the baggage reclaim area with information about what's on in Copenhagen.
The wall features digital touch screens with tourist information, travel information with departure times for public transport and the option to get personal service by a member of the staff at the Copenhagen tourist information via a screen call. At the end of the wall are also ticket machines for public transport and free official city maps.
Joining forces to provide a better welcome
Copenhagen Airport and the Culture and Leisure Administration of the Municipality of Copenhagen, which replaced Copenhagen from Wonderful Copenhagen as the provider of tourist information in January 2015, have joined forces to give foreign tourists an even better welcome.
For Copenhagen Airport, the goal is to turn waiting time into adventure time.
Our collaboration with the Municipality of Copenhagen to provide digital tourist information ensures that passengers can make good use of their waiting time in baggage reclaim. Although our joint efforts with the airlines and handling companies have significantly reduced waiting times over the past year, the new digital information gives travellers good opportunities to get an overview of both transport options and the sights said Henrik Peter Jørgensen, VP, External Relations at Copenhagen Airports A/S.
Carl Christian Ebbesen, Mayor of Culture & Leisure points out that the digital tourist information service is part of the municipality's new tourism initiative under which tourist information will be available at several locations in the city.
"We want to meet the tourists where they are. In the urban open space, at cultural institutions and at the airport, which is where tourists get their first real encounter with Copenhagen and Denmark. This first-hand impression is important, and in this context, inspiring and informative tourist information plays an important role. The digital tourist information at the airport will help welcome tourists and give them a good start to their stay in Copenhagen, " said Ebbesen.
The baggage reclaim area at the airport is undergoing a major conversion and makeover. Currently, large floor-to-ceiling pictures of various areas of Copenhagen decorate the walls, and a large number of the classical, dark green Copenhagen benches are now in place between the baggage belts for passengers to use. Those are some of the initiatives which, together with the new information wall, are to give tourists the impression that the Copenhagen experience starts already at the airport.
Facts about the digital information wall
- An eight metre digital information wall where tourists can seek information on touch screens or make a call via a screen to be served personally by the staff at the Copenhagen tourist information office.
- The station is divided into three sections: a digital tourist information section, transport information boards, and ticket machines for public transport in Denmark and Sweden.
Programme for the opening of the digital information wall on Monday, 18 May
- 2:30-3.00 p.m.: Admission cards for the baggage reclaim area will be available at the information desk at Terminal 3. Don't forget your picture ID.
- 3:00 p.m.: The digital information wall will be opened in the baggage reclaim area, where Marie Louise Lotz, Copenhagen Airport's Director for Customer Care, and Carl Christian Ebbesen, Mayor for Culture & Leisure, will speak.
- 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Refreshments will be served, and there will be an opportunity to try the screens and ask questions.
Contact: Please contact the CPH Press Department on tel. +45 3231 2800 for additional information.
The Mayor of Culture and Leisure, Carl Christian Ebbesen, can be contacted via Julie Stemann Monberg, Head of Press Relations, tel. +45 2498 2260