On Tuesday evening, Copenhagen Airport hosted this year's international FAB Awards ceremony for airports. The awards were presented at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport, and Copenhagen Airport received three of the awards.
Lise Ryevad, Director, Airport Sales, Copenhagen Airport, was excited about winning the ‘Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year’, the most prestigious of the awards at the show.
"Last year we returned from the Dubai award ceremony with three fantastic awards, and this year we're continuing that excellent track record. We constantly focus on offering our passengers extraordinary experiences and offer an attractive range of high-quality coffee shops and restaurants. This year's FAB awards show that we definitely are on the right track.”
Joe & The Juice best again
Again this year, the judges agreed that the Danish café Joe & The Juice is an experience of a certain character and has a high service level. Moreover, they agreed that the coffee shop was to be kept on the list of award winners with the title ‘Airport Coffee Shop of the Year’. So the Danish café rejoiced repetition of last year's success in Dubai and took the price home once more.
International enthusiasm about Copenhagen Airport's social media campaign
‘Sharing the conversation @CPH’ won the award for best digital or social media initiative.
"It's important for us to engage with our passengers at Copenhagen Airport. Our digital and social media strategy is aimed at making the experience the passenger has with Copenhagen Airport a journey in itself. For us it is about the immediate present and engaging dialogue at eye level with our passengers. We have had great success with this strategy and have within two years reached 55,000 Facebook fans, and the highest engagement scores in the industry. F&B is an important strategic aspect of Copenhagen Airport's social media strategy and fully integrated in how we communicate with our passengers," said Karen Bender, E-Commerce & Marketing Director at Copenhagen Airport.
Copenhagen Airport also became first runner up in a few categories. The F&B marketing campaign ‘Nordic Dining’ received positive feedback from the judges, and became first runner up in the category ‘Airport F&B Marketing campaign’.
"This campaign is a good example of the extraordinary experience you can only get at Copenhagen Airport. Again this year, gastronomy was given pride of place with the price set at a level where most people could get a Michelin-class taste experience. And also this year, our passengers can expect something special when they visit us during the ‘Copenhagen Cooking’ festival," said Karen Bender.
Furthermore, Copenhagen Airport’s restaurant MASH was given ‘highly commended’ and shares the first runner up in the category of the world’s best casual dining restaurant (‘Airport Casual dining restaurant of the year’).
Facts about FAB Awards 2014
- The third FAB Awards ceremony were held at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport on 9 – 11 June 2014, where Copenhagen Airport is host.
- Copenhagen Airport received the following awards:
- Airport F&B of the year – Copenhagen Airport Shopping Center
- Airport Coffee/Non-alcoholic Beverage Outlet of the Year – Joe & the juice
- Best digital or social media initiative – Sharing the conversation @CPH
- Copenhagen Airport became first runner up in the following categories:
- Airport Casual dining restaurant of the year –MASH
- Airport F&B Marketing campaign – Nordic dining
- Organised by the highly reputed industry report, The Moodie Report, the FAB awards are presented each year to the industry's best food & beverage brands and concepts.
- Members of this year's jury are: David King, industry consultant and Director of the David King Partnership; Martin Moodie, The Moodie Report Chairman; Matt Willey, The Moodie Report Executive Director - Business Development & Innovation
- You can read more about the FAB Awards 2014 and see all the winners here.