Henrik Lind, for the past 11 years owner of the Bang & Olufsen store in Hellerup, a suburb of Copenhagen, presents Bang & Olufsen's innovative and playful hi-fi brand B&O PLAY at Nytorv in mid April 2014. This makes Copenhagen Airport the first airport anywhere to feature a store with products from the highly-respected Bang & Olufsen brand. Bang & Olufsen products are sold in more than one hundred countries worldwide.
“Our aim is to meet all passenger demands and offer them value for money at the Copenhagen Airport shopping centre. Obviously, that means different things to different people, so our focus must be to open shops catering to all tastes, offering both highly reputed Danish brands and major international brands. We are therefore very pleased to welcome one of our local brands, B&O PLAY, here at Copenhagen Airport,“ said Lise Ryevad, Director, Airport Service.
Copenhagen Airport on the beat
B&O PLAY focuses on a youthful and more digitally-inclined customer group looking for quality products for when they are on the move, such as earphones and portable music systems. The brand reflects Bang & Olufsen's focus on appealing to customers' emotions by products and their intuitive ease of use while also representing good craftsmanship, design and luxury. The new store will feature a wide selection of B&O PLAY's characteristic range of audiovisual products such as the BeoPlay H6 headphones and the BeoPlay A9 music system.
Copenhagen Airport is a leading gateway connecting the Nordic region with the rest of the world, and that gives us a unique and very attractive group of customers in the airport's dynamic and luxurious settings. Our products offer a perfect combination of technological expertise and emotional appeal with supreme user friendliness. Our product range is pure play and fun. The B&O PLAY store is a unique universe designed to challenge the traveller's mindset, provoke curiosity, positiveness and energy and, most of all, provide unforgettable experience in their interaction with us at Copenhagen Airport, says Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Corporate Vice President of B&O PLAY.
Facts about B&O PLAY
- B&O PLAY is a subbrand of 88-year-old Danish company Bang & Olufsen that interprets the same core values as its parent for a new type of modern products
- Firmly grounded in decades of design excellence, craftsmanship and product innovation from Bang & Olufsen.
- B&O PLAY interprets the same values for a new type of contemporary products aimed at youthful, design-conscious urbanites with an active lifestyle
- The B&O PLAY portfolio is made up of of stand-alone, portable products that are intuitive to use and easy to integrate into your daily life - at home or on the move.
- The stylish designs, carefully selected materials and the best-in-class technology inside the products are all be combined to fulfil one single ambition and purpose of being: To give people magical experiences based on the B&O PLAY passion.